Teaching & Public Speaking
1. Mr. Willey served as a Graduate Teaching Assistant while completing his master’s degree.
2. Mr. Willey has served as a guest lecturer and speaker at the University of Maine, University College, and the PCLS Association.
3. Mr. Willey is a frequent speaker to public service groups and during his tenure as the Governor’s Representative to Canada, he was a speaker and presenter in Canada.
4. Mr. Willey is a former Mayor of Bangor and that position required extensive public speaking as well.
5. Mr. Willey holds a black belt in Shotokan (Japanese) Karate, and has served as an instructor for many years where his courses include lectures on the cultural qualities of the sport.
6. Mr. Willey has lectured at the Peoples Law School for the Maine Bar Association; Legal Year in Review for MSBA; Maine Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers; He frequently lectures and speaks to public service groups.Mr. Willey has extensive public speaking experience both as an elected and appointed public official and as an attorney.
7. Mr. Willey is an adjunct instructor at Husson College in Bangor, Maine (2007-2012).